Filter by rating
Show
City:
Show

Superior Autohaus - Gti Engine Control Unit Review from Atlanta, Georgia

Called the shop to see if they were running any specials on parts and labor. This isn't something new, we aren't reinventing the wheel. Specials are a common business practice for many reputable companies. Being one of the only 2 APR dealers in my area, like any knowledgable consumer, I was shopping around for the best deal. I called the shop (spoke to a guy with a thick accent, didn't catch his name) and told the attendant what I wanted done and simply asked, "do you all ever run any specials." His incredibly insulting response was, "what do you mean?" A 8-year-old child would know what I meant. So I further explained myself, openly and honestly, that I had found another body shop that ran specials on parts and service from time to time and I wanted to see if they did as well. This was my way of coming clean that I was hunting for the most competitive pricing. (Side note: I am wanting to purchase the APR Stage 1 ECU Upgrade for my GTI; a $700 program with and average of $75 for labor) His response (to topple his former words) "a body shop wouldn't do that kind of work. [in a condescending tone] But maybe you should just go with them then." Really? That is how you respond to me? Ha! Alright, even if he eventually unveiled a 20% discount that they had going I would, on mere principal alone, go with the other shop. their competitor hands down gave stellar customer service! Ran me through the calibration reports on the product and even quoted me. Before the meet was over he even suggested that if pricing was an issue, they sometimes run specials (if I could be patient enough to wait for one). 5 star experience with that company and in the end, it is why I will be returning to them for the upgrade and NOT this place; they would rather insult you even though your opening statement should alert them that you are knowledgeable in the field.
Review
#619115 Review #619115 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Featured

Superior Autohaus Inferior by Discriminating Infrequent / High Mileage Clients (Or Gender, Race?)

See Superior Autohaus’ customer service for yourself!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtDGFbCArlM (He can’t say it wasn’t him. It’s all on tape.) Wife's Audi A6 Check Engine Light came on. OBD Code 442. That's it. Drives great. Just needed emissions passed. Took car in this morning to Superior Autohaus because they installed the catalytic converter about a year ago and did engine installation 3 yrs ago. (Over $3k worth of work in 3+ yrs.) A fee for diagnosing check engine light expected, as well as a cost to fix. Paid before; no problem paying again. However, owner, Hans Krajc, refused to even see my wife and gave no valid reason. I was highly upset and drove up there myself to confirm. Confirmed. His reason for refusal of service? *1) I hadn't visited in a while [and his financial feelings must have been hurt]. *2) Mileage was too high. [Wait, I've only driven 80K miles on the engine YOU chose and put in my car, sir!] *Q1: What did EITHER of these have to do with the check engine light diagnosis? Why would you reference infrequent (enough) visits and high mileage (only 80K) when wife was there for a mere check engine light diagnosis? *Q2: So, Superior Autohaus refuses ALL clients that don’t come back within a certain period of time? And, Superior Autohaus refuses ALL clients that have 80K miles? Nah. There has to be some other Hidden Hans Haus rules as to why—as to REALLY why. Gonna find out. What could've been a $300-$800 piece of business for Superior Autohaus has now turned into a responsibility to report to interested bureaus, submission to service forums, and possibly a discrimination lawsuit. Investigation ahead. Wow. Jippie! Käufer aufgepasst! —————————————— Transcript of Superior Autohaus' (Hans Krajc) Experience: (He heard me asking harshly, "Where's Hans?" to the technicians. Waited in bathroom long time before finally having to come out.) Me: You turned my wife away? What happened? Hans: Nothing. I can't help you with your car anymore. Me: Why? Hans: I just can't help you. Me: You didn't LOOK at the car! Hans: I didn't look. I can't help you. Me: You did 2 major repairs on the car. $2,500 and $550. You're telling me you won't even look at the car?" (We're talking only check engine light, mind you!) Hans: No. I can't help you with the car. Me: Is it because she's black? Hans: (Smiles) Doesn't have anything to do with black, OK? Or white, OK? I just can't help you with your car anymore. Me: Really? Why not? Hans: (Ahh. Now. Truth 1:) "You come in here only once a year for emissions. Can't keep in touch with your car. Just can't help you with your car anymore. So..that's all, OK?" [He's about money. How long before last visit should have no bearing on whether or not one is a bona fide, PAYING, client.] Me: You sure? That's your final word on it? Hans Krajc, that's your final word? Me: I'm just asking you. Hans: I mean...I'm not sure what really you want me to... You scheduled appointment yesterday...you call me… Me: I did not. You said come by anytime. (I simply called to ask how long would it take to determine cause of check engine light.) Hans: Yes...you didn't say, "Christopher Atkins calling me!" Did you introduce yourself and say your name to me? (This is a business owner talking to a client.) Me: What difference does it make? Hans: Makes huge difference. Me: Why? What if I had? Hans: Well...if you told me your name, I would realize who calling me and my approach would be different. Me: Really? So, that's your final word? You refuse to help. Hans: I am refusing to work on your car. I can't help you. Me: You did 2 major repairs. Hans: I did 2 major repairs? Do you wanna tell me when did I do 2 major repairs on your car? Me: 2 major repairs. (SMH) Hans: Me? Me: You. Hans: When did I do 2 major repairs on your car? Me: You did a catalytic converter ($550) last year... and the you did a $2,500 installation of the engine. Hans: That was 3 years ago, man. What are you talking about, man? Me: No, no, no. I'm talking about...you've done 2 major repairs, right? [establishing payment history of major jobs--and, therefore, no basis to deny service...unless..discrimination of some type.] Hans: I did replace the engine almost 4 years ago on your car. In the meantime, you put 80K miles on that engine. So? Where did you go before? [Did other repairs and paid cash every time...with a smile no/hassle, despite his building arrogance. Where I took car (Audi dealership) of no relevance here.] Me: I just wanna make sure you're saying you refused my wife, is that right? Hans: I refuse you as a client. I'm not interested to see your car or work on your car again. And...I apologize; I can't help you and your car with that high mileage. That's it, OK? Me: Really? "That high mileage and that's it?" Wow! Hans: Yes, sir. Me: Really? Oookkaay! Hans Krajc, Superior Autohaus, right? Hans: Yes! Hans, Krajc, Superior Autohaus can't help you with your car, OK?, because of high mileage and conditions of the car and that's all. You are not my regular client, so, that's all, sir! Me: Thank you! That's what I needed to know. Thank you, Hans. 'Preciate it! Me (signing off): Hans Krajc, Superior Autohaus (Alpharetta, GA) Clients BEWARE.

You didn't drive up there to confirm you drove in to confront. Is it because she is black???

Wow that is a reach and I also like how you refer to the milage of the car as being equal to the amount of miles you have put on the used replacement engine. A 240k mile car with 80k on a used engine is a 240k car. Try getting a car you can afford to maintain as in fixing what's broken not just fixing what makes in undrivable.

In the service industry you can't always pick the customers you lose but when you can it's always great to pick customers like yourself. Having your wife filming you act like an *** then getting dismissed like a broke chump was a nice touch.

As a shop owner...I too would turn you away. If his business is good, he doesn't need your work.

It isn't discrimination, it is HIS right to refuse service. Simply put, he will take care of his good clientele and make a honest living. You are not a good customer. I bet he put an engine in your car because you never serviced it.

I bet he sees the writing on the wall for this engine as well. Not all customers are good ones. I was very nervous the first time I "fired" a customer, but his car was a real mess and he never wanted to spend any money to repair it. Always "patching" the car to "just make it run a little longer".....

I have fired many customers like you over the years...you are a waste of my knowledge, time, and health. I agree with the owner here...you are bad for business. You say he lost revenue, that makes me laugh.

What he lost is a customer that caused grief...that is a good day in my book.

Mr. Atkins,

We apologize for the inconvenience; however you are not a regular client of ours.

You were sent from Jim Ellis Audi approximately 4 years ago for a used engine replacement when your Audi that had 120k miles on it. During the engine repair we allowed you to space payments over time to assist you which is against our usual policy of a single payment.

Since then, your A6 has accumulated 120k miles now totaling to approximately 240k miles and you have not taken your A6 to our shop for oil changes, regular scheduled and preventative maintenance.

During this time though, we have assisted you with two issues with your car:

The first being an engine misfire approximately 60k after the engine swap

The second being the catalytic converter needing replacement for emissions a year ago With these repairs, we had made the minimal the repairs necessary so that you would not have to pay outside of your budget. On your last visit for the catalytic converter it was noted that your A6 was poorly maintained and had safety issues such as broken suspension.

We advised you that we would not be able to continue servicing your car unless all proper maintenance was performed and all safety issues with your vehicle were addressed, which you denied all repairs for. We pride ourselves in meticulously maintaining Audis and Porsches to factory specifications to ensure these vehicles have a long life cycle.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we have the right to deny service to poorly maintained high mileage vehicles. Thank you for your understanding and we wish you the best of luck with your Audi.

View more comments (2)